On January 31, family farmers will take part in the first phase of a court case filed to protect farmers from genetic trespass by Monsanto’s GMO seed, which contaminates organic and non-GMO farmer’s crops and opens them up to abusive lawsuits. In the past two decades, Monsanto’s seed monopoly has grown so powerful that they control the genetics of nearly 90% of five major commodity crops including corn, soybeans, cotton, canola and sugar beets.
In many cases farmers are forced to stop growing certain organic and conventional crops to avoid genetic contamination and potential lawsuits. Between 1997 and 2010, Monsanto admits to filing 144 lawsuits against America’s family farmers, while settling another 700 out of court for undisclosed amounts. Due to these aggressive lawsuits, Monsanto has created an atmosphere of fear in rural America and driven dozens of farmers into bankruptcy.
Farmers need your voice today. Please spread the word today.
I was first informed about the Monsanto Monopoly by watching the Academy Nominated film Food Inc. (which is available to watch instantly on netflix as well) and have since been striving to have a better understanding of the food I eat. Without getting on a soapbox I offer some websites that have helped inform me. Please take the time to read about the upcoming court case beginning on Monday.
- But why do I need reading glasses??? Presbyopia, What Causes it? How To Treat It. 4 years ago
- What we need to know, Looks like our selection is right on target The Hottest Trends In Eyewear For 2014 buff.ly/1j0O1Oj #eyeglasses 4 years ago
- a primer for the first time wearer. Reading Glasses: What You Should Know buff.ly/1otWdWO #readingglasses #vision 4 years ago
- never leave home without your #readingglasses: 'not wearing glasses' when he signed £60,000 a month divorce document buff.ly/1j0MN5J 4 years ago
- A funny read on unrequested gifts and 6 pairs of #readingglasses and a cool illustration too : The New Yorker buff.ly/1otUz7q 4 years ago